At North Country Children’s Clinic we guarantee your right to:
· Care and treatment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or sponsor.
· Considerate and respectful care.
· Complete information regarding availability of services, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
· All information needed to give informed consent for any procedure or treatment.
· The name and function of any person providing services to you.
· Confidentiality of medical records and condition.
· Approve or refuse release of medical records.
· Participation in all decisions about treatment and discharge.
· Seek a second medical opinion.
· Refuse to participate in experimental research.
· Refuse treatment and be informed of medical consequences.
· Copies of all written medical records.
· Be informed of all charges for services, eligibility for third party
· An itemized bill and explanation of all charges.
· Express complaints about care and services and have N.C.C.C.
· Voice grievances and recommend changes to N.C.C.C. staff, the Board of Directors, and the New York State Department of Health.
· Information regarding an Advance Directive/Health Care Proxy.
· Information on after-hour coverage.
· Authorize those family members and other adults who will be given priority to visit consistent with your ability to receive visitors.
· Make known your wishes in regard to anatomical gifts. You may document your wishes in your health Care Proxy or on a donor card.